One of the many things that set American Care apart from other healthcare providers is our Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model of care. We truly believe that our communities are stronger when the people within them feel safe, cared for, and self-sufficient. We’re here to help those who have traditionally had a harder time accessing support—particularly those with low income or who may be elderly or disabled.
As part of our American Care medical centers, we offer American Pace community resource centers. These resource centers provide individuals and families with information on the types of private and government programs that are available to help meet health, nutrition, housing, utilities, transportation, and personal communications needs.
American Pace is part of the Community Network of the ACCESS Florida Program, an arm of the Department of Children and Families (DCF). The program aims to “protect the vulnerable, promote strong and economically self-sufficient families, and advance personal and family recovery and resiliency.”
Clients turn to us to solve very practical problems, like help with housing, food, and utilities. Often they come to us in frustration, after they have exhausted all possible solutions to their particular problem, which can range from hunger to homelessness, from unemployment to health issues that have gone unattended due to lack of health insurance, or lack of access to food or housing.
Our compassionate and knowledgeable staff skillfully takes the client from initial orientation to problem resolution, including food assistance, temporary cash assistance, and Medicaid.
- The Food Assistance Program helps low-income individuals and families buy the food they need
- Temporary Cash Assistance Program provides short-term cash benefits to families with children under the age of 18 (or under age 19, if they are a full-time secondary school student), as well as to pregnant women during their last trimester
Medicaid Assistance Program provides medical coverage to low-income individuals and families through a variety of eligibility categories
In addition to ACCESS services, American Pace helps clients in applying for other services such as:
- Federal Low Income Subsidy program
- Electricity bill subsidy
- Telephone and internet subsidy programs
- Food pantries programs
- Food stamps
- Housing programs
- Medicare Part D (SSA’s)
- Health insurance for individuals and families
- Retirement benefits
- Disability benefits
We also provide assistance with:
- Filling out forms, including Citizenship applications
- Understanding insurance benefits
- Requesting a replacement Medicare card
- Change of address with the Social Security Administration
- Getting applications for Social Security cards
- Getting answers to your questions with direct assistance from the Social Security offices
Not only do we provide clients with informational brochures, we work tirelessly to help them navigate the process. We explain the application process, provide paper applications, assist with completing and submitting applications (paper or online), and help to check the status of the case. Our offices are equipped with computers, printers, copiers, telephones, and fax machines to enable the client to apply online, and to ensure the timely and smooth processing of their application.
We offer more than solutions; we provide human warmth and encouragement along the way. We’re humbled by the opportunity to help those in the community find a way to resolve a difficult situation.
Our unique approach allows us to care for both the social and health care needs of our community, and we feel privileged to be part of the solution individuals and families need to recuperate after adverse circumstances.